Living Without Abuse charity provide help and support for ANYONE suffering from domestic abuse or sexual violence in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland.
“I can’t tell you what a difference you have made in my life, you’ve allowed me to re-find myself and become strong again.”
Living Without Abuse (LWA) believes that all people have the right to live safely and without fear of violence and abuse. On this site we offer information and advice to anyone experiencing domestic abuse and/or sexual violence. We can also provide support services to anyone living in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland. We are committed to raising awareness of domestic abuse and sexual violence, working towards its prevention and eradication, and assisting those affected by this crime to determine their own lives.
LOOKING FOR SUPPORT IN LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRE OR RUTLAND –
Information about our services are HERE
Information about our group programmes are HERE
Links to other services locally are HERE
JOB OPPORTUNITIES – WE ARE RECRUITING!
DON’T MISS EXPRESSION OF FREEDOM!
Supported by Leicestershire County and Leicester City Councils, LWA are managing the 2023 Domestic Abuse Arts Exhibition and Workshops, building on the Expression of Freedom exhibitions which took place in 2021 and 2022. The exhibition will take place during the 16 days of action against domestic violence from 25 November to 10 December 2023 – in High Cross, Leicester City centre and at Charnwood Arts gallery, Loughborough plus Coalville CAN gallery, Coalville
We are working with local artists and organisations including Panahghar, Jenkins Centre and Zinthiya Trust plus De Montfort University students to stage a series of workshops for local survivors of domestic abuse. The aim is to support survivors through the healing power of art/enable self-expression, raise awareness of domestic abuse and ultimately raise funds. We’ll be exploring painting/drawing, textiles/fashion, poetry, written word/social media, music, videography and performance arts.
Running in parallel with the expo will be an interactive programme of events including workshops, poetry readings, performance art and discussion panels.
The project will benefit:
- Domestic abuse survivors through the healing/therapeutic impact of the arts
- Families, friends and colleagues of domestic abuse survivors who are affected by the emotional and mental wellbeing of someone who has experienced the trauma of domestic abuse
- Practitioners and staff in support organisations
- The general public who will visit the exhibitions and will increase their awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and sexual violence
Contact email@example.com to find out more.
This website gives friendly advice for anyone:
- Trying to escape domestic and/or sexual abuse
- Needing to know more about our services here in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Wishing to learn more about domestic and sexual abuse issues
ALWAYS REMEMBER: IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE