All about LWA
LWA – Living Without Abuse – believes that all people have the right to live safely and without fear of violence and abuse. We can provide support to anyone experiencing or fearing violence or abuse from a partner, ex-partner or family member.
We are committed to raising awareness of domestic abuse and sexual violence, working towards its prevention and eradication, and assisting those affected by this crime to determine their own lives.
LWA is a domestic and sexual abuse charity based in Loughborough, Leicestershire, and was formerly known as Loughborough Women’s Aid. We provide support to men, women and children affected by domestic abuse and/or sexual violence across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Everyone has the right to live safely and without fear of violence and abuse
- Everyone has the right to make their own choices and not be judged or directed
- Differences between people should be valued and respected
- Children of those experiencing abuse need specialist support
- We have a responsibility to work with others to stop domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Domestic abuse and sexual violence are crimes
- Supporting anyone experiencing or fearing violence or abuse
- Working to meet the needs of everyone regardless of their circumstances
- Providing ongoing Outreach Support to women and men
- Working to meet the needs of children
- Working in partnership with other agencies to ensure clients receive sensitive and appropriate services
- Working with others to stop abuse
- Enabling those who have been affected by domestic abuse and/or sexual violence to determine their own lives
- Helping survivors resettle into a new community