What We Do
LWA provides free and confidential support to anyone suffering from domestic abuse and/or sexual violence.
Here at LWA, we provide the following services:
Outreach Support – for adult survivors of domestic abuse across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland, including a range of group programmes.
Children and Family Services – one-to-one and group support for children and young people affected by domestic abuse. Support for parents, including group programmes. Services cover Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Sexual Violence Support Services – support for adults, children and young peope who have experience sexual violence. Our ISVA service supports survivors of rape or sexual assault through the court process. Our Amber Project supports those that do not want to, or cannot, go to court.
Project 360 – Support for survivors of domestic abuse who have had repeated police call outs. This service is not open to referrals.
At LWA we also work to provide the following services:
- Volunteering opportunities
- Education and training opportunities
- Training for other groups/agencies on domestic abuse, sexual violence and related issues
LWA is part of the UAVA consortium providing a full range of domestic and sexual abuse services across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland. Full information is available at www.uava.org.uk
UAVA services include:
- Helpline for anyone needing to access support, as well as family and friends needing information and advice
- Business Line for professionals
- Refuge accommodation (or other safe options)
- High risk, crisis support
- Support following sexual assault and rape
- Group programmes
- Perpetrator programme